Tuesday November 5, 10am until midday - The BFoM
Melbourne Cup Day FREE
Show & Shine and Tour from Buninyong to Ballarat
city including the chance to win significant trophies and REPCO
- Enjoy a unique, fun and non-demanding event that caters
for pre 1990 vehicles.
- Drive/ride to Buninyong and arrive by 10am to meet with fellow
enthusiasts and participate in a Show & Shine at the Buninyong
Uniting Church car park. At Midday participants will then
tour on sealed roads to the historic Mining Exchange in
Lydiard Street, Ballarat city.
- At 3pm, Medallions will be awarded in the Mining Exchange to
each of the Show & Shine Class Winners and the Outright Winner
will receive an additional Trophy. REPCO will also be handing out a
number of their high quality products to participants via a series
of fun based question and answer sessions that will also take place
as part of the awards presentations.
- Participants must conform to the road traffic laws and vehicles
must be either fully road registered or make use of the VicRoads
2013 Club Permit Scheme.
- Further instructions will be available at Buninyong on the day
including an opportunity to ask any related questions.
- Spectators welcome.
Tuesday November 5, 1pm to 7pm:
- Day 1 of a 5 day Motor Show and Model Expo at the Mining
Exchange, Lydiard Street, Ballarat that promises a capacity
collection of racing cars, sports cars, exotic cars, and
motorcycles; and a Model Expo of some 1,000 vintage model
aeroplanes, miniature engines; tether cars and die-cast models that
will be on display to the general public. Many of the display items
will be for sale.
- The $5 cost of entry will also include a free Raffle Ticket for
a Nylint Thimbledrome "Tether Car". (Tether cars are model
aeroplane engined miniature racing cars that were popular in the
1930 - 50's, with many of the originals capable of speeds in excess
- The raffle will be drawn at the Motor Show at 6pm on Saturday
evening November 9
Wednesday November 6, 10am to
- Day 2 of the Motor Show and Model Expo at the Mining
Thursday November 7, 10am to 7pm:
- Day 3 of the Motor Show and Model Expo at the Mining
Friday November 8, 10am to 7pm:
- Day 4 of the Motor Show and Model Expo at the Mining
Saturday November 9, 10am - 5pm:
- Day 5 and the final day of the Motor Show and Model Expo at the
- 5:00pm - Public vote to determine the most popular Car and
Motorcycle of the show.
- 6:00pm Model Tether Car draw - The winner must be in attendance
when the raffle is drawn. If not, another ticket will be drawn
until the recipient in attendance is identified.
- 6:05pm: A formal participant recognition,
awards and closing ceremony at the Mining Exchange.